What are the Arachnoiditis symptoms?
The most frequent symptom of Arachnoiditis is discomfort in the lower back or legs that are typically characterized as burning or stinging.
- Weakness, numbness, or tingling in the legs
- Pins and needles sensation (paresthesia)
- Joint pain
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Bladder problems
Some viral and bacterial meningitis are contagious. They can be transmitted by coughing, sneezing, or close contact.
What Causes Arachnoiditis?
- Most of the time, it’s due to complications following spinal surgery or procedures like epidural injections or spinal taps.
- Inflammation can be caused by various viruses or bacteria, such as bacterial meningitis of the spine.
- Compression of the spinal nerves can occur due to chronic degenerative disc degeneration or progressive spinal stenosis, resulting in arachnoid inflammation.
How is the Arachnoiditis Diagnosis made?
Arachnoiditis is difficult to diagnose, although procedures like the CAT scan (computerized axial tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) have helped. An electromyogram (EMG) is a test that uses electrical impulses to monitor nerve function to measure the severity of ongoing damage to afflicted nerve roots.
What are the treatments for Arachnoiditis available?
Arachnoiditis has no known treatment. Arachnoiditis has treatment choices that are comparable to those for other chronic pain diseases. Most treatments are aimed at reducing pain and alleviating symptoms that interfere with daily activities. Health care providers frequently recommend pain management, physiotherapy, exercise, and psychotherapy. Surgery for Arachnoiditis is debatable, as the results can be poor and provide only temporary relief. To evaluate whether steroid injections and electrical stimulation are effective, clinical trials are required.
Contact Dr. Nitin Jagdhane for an accurate diagnosis and the best suggestions on Arachnoiditis.
Dr Nitin Jagdhane is one of the best Neurosurgeon and Spine specialists for doing an accurate diagnosis and the best suggestions on Arachnoiditis in Mumbai, India. Get in touch with Dr. Nitin Jagdhane, brain and spine specialist in Mumbai, for the best results for your Arachnoiditis treatment.