What is brain hemorrhage?
Bleeding in the brain is also referred to as a brain hemorrhage. A brain bleed, which is a medical disorder also known as an intracranial hemorrhage. It’s a medical emergency that needs to be dealt with right away.
Because the skull surrounds the brain, any leaking blood from bleeding can pressure and harm the brain tissues. A hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood artery in the brain leaks or breaks, causing bleeding.
Hemo is the Greek word for blood. “Blood bursting forth” is the exact definition of hemorrhage. Cerebral hemorrhages, intracerebral hemorrhages, and intracranial hemorrhages are all terms used to describe brain hemorrhages. They account for roughly 13% of all strokes.
What causes brain hemorrhages?
Several circumstances can cause a brain hemorrhage. These elements include:
- Trauma or injury to the head
- extremely high blood pressure cerebral aneurysm, or a weakening bulge in a brain artery
- abnormalities of the blood vessels
- Disorders of the blood or bleeding
- Illicit drug use causes liver damage and brain tumors.
What are the brain hemorrhage symptoms?
A brain hemorrhage or bleeding can generate a range of symptoms. They are determined by the location of the bleeding, its severity, and the amount of tissue involved. Symptoms usually appear out of nowhere. However, they may deteriorate over time.
What are brain hemorrhage diagnosis treatments available?
Testing options include:
- CT or MRI scan
- Spinal tap or Lumbar puncture
- Cerebral angiography
What are the brain hemorrhage treatments available?
- A significant brain hemorrhage might require surgery.
- Anti-anxiety meds, anti-epileptic medicine, and other symptom-controlling therapies are also available.
What are the brain surgery treatments available?
Surgery options include:
- Decompressive Craniectomy or Craniotomy surgery
- Craniotomy and evacuation of the hematoma
- External Ventricular Drainage (EVD) surgery
Dr. Nitin Jagdhane is one of the best Neurosurgeon and neuro-critical care specialists for doing brain hemorrhage diagnosis and surgery in Mumbai, India. Get in touch with Dr. Nitin Jagdhane, brain and spine specialist in Mumbai, for the best results for your brain hemorrhage treatment.